Thursday, September 27, 2018

A favorite scripture from the Book of Mormon

One of my favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon is...


"Yea, and I will suffer even until death, and I will not recall my words, and they shall stand as a testimony against you. And if ye slay me ye will shed innocent blood and this shall also stand as a testimony against you at the last day."

This is the story of Abinidi and when he's testifying to King Noah and his people and telling them that they need to repent and King Noah tells him that he won't kill him if he denies the words which Abinidi told the people. But he doesn't, and it ends in his death. 
I admire Abinidi's bravery and courage to stand up for what's right and to obey what God told him to do. He had no fear because he knew that he would be on the right hand of God when he returned to Him, and that eternal life and happiness was waiting for him in the next life.